Insoles for Flat Feet and Overpronation: Pace vs. Dash Insoles
According to several studies, approximately 25% of people suffer from flat feet or "fallen arches." This condition causes constant pain for most and puts them at high risk of developing overpronation, arthritis, lower back and knee pain, and many other problems.
The good news is that insoles are a proven remedy both for the pain and for stopping the development of musculoskeletal problems.
- If you have fallen foot arches, the lack of arch support will cause your feet to lean too far inwards every time you take a step. This is called overpronation.
- Overpronation makes your ankles bend excessively, creating a wrong posture when you walk, which causes health problems over time.
- Top-quality insoles compensate superbly for insufficient arch support by remedying overpronation and correcting your gait and posture.
- We offer two product lines that provide effective flat feet support: Pace and Dash insoles.
Table of Contents
- Best Insoles for Overpronation and Flat Feet
- Pace Insoles
- Dash Insoles
- What Are Insoles for Flat Feet and Overpronation
- Features of All Tread Labs Insoles
- What Others Say About Our Insoles for Flat Feet
- Overarching Effectiveness and Comfort
Best Insoles for Overpronation and Flat Feet
Choosing the best flat feet and overpronation insoles depends on the severity of the condition and how intense your activities are.
How do you tell if you have flat feet or high arches? For that, we recommend consulting a podiatrist or an orthopedist. But you can also do the "wet test," which is simply stepping onto cardboard or paper with your feet wet and analyzing your footprints to see how high your arches are.
If you have moderate flat feet and your physical activity is not too intense, you'll do well with medium support. On the other hand, if you have severely flat feet or practice sports like soccer, running, or cycling, you'll need strong arches to stand such high-impact activities.
Depending on those factors, you can choose one of Tread Labs’ two lines of insoles designed to remedy flat feet:
- Pace insoles - These are medical-grade insoles that give support and comfort to people with active lifestyles but don't perform high-impact activities.
- Dash insoles - These insoles have a carbon-fiber body that provides strong support for sports or other high-impact activities.
1 - Pace Insoles
Pace insoles are the go-to choice for moderate flat feet. We designed them with expert podiatrists to provide functional arch support and correct overpronation in day-to-day movement.
Important Features of Pace Insoles
- Polypro+ Resin Arch Support - This state-of-the-art orthopedic material strikes the perfect balance between solidity and comfort.
- Semi-Rigid Polyurethane - This material reduces the impact on your feet and prevents the insole from slipping, helping you step firmly every time.
- Slim Full-Length or Short Covers - Our insoles are light and fit perfectly into any shoe without adding unnecessary weight.
How Pace Insoles Compare With Dash insoles
- Thicker Arch Support - Because of the materials used, the arch support of our Pace line is thicker (1.3 mm), which makes it better to keep your feet warm in cold weather.
- Lower Price - Our Pace insoles have a lower cost than the Dash line. They’re perfect if you’re looking for medical-grade insoles with fantastic arch support at a reasonable price.
2 - Dash Insoles
We designed Dash insoles to support feet under high pressure, and for people with particularly flat feet.
Their almost-rigid build provides structure to your arches and helps your feet absorb the impacts of sports, physical work, and other intense activities.
Important Features of Dash Insoles
- 1.25 mm Carbon Fiber Support - This firm and ultra-lightweight material provides support, absorbs shocks, and keeps your feet agile.
- Increased Lower Grip - Our unique texture design doesn't let your insoles slip to quicken your response and keep your feet firm when doing physical work.
- 3–5 mm Ventilate Top Covers - The super slim covers help our insoles fit into sports shoes or heavy boots and keep your feet fresh.
How Dash Insoles Compare with Pace Insoles
- Firmer Support - Dash insoles’ support is the firmest we offer, and will endure the forces of high-intensity activities and provide structure in case of severe flat feet and overpronation.
- Lighter Build - Dash insoles are our lightest option. They’re designed to give the best support by adding minimal weight in situations where each ounce counts, like when you’re doing competitive sports.
The following table compares our Pace and Dash insoles' features.
|Characteristics||Pace Insoles||Dash Insoles|
|Arch Support||Semi-rigid Polypro+ arch frame that supports firmly||1.25 mm carbon-fiber arch frame that gives extra-firm support|
|Covers||3–5 mm high-density open-cell polyurethane foam||3–5 mm extra high-density open-cell polyurethane foam with forefoot ventilation|
|Best For||Moderate flat feet and average physical activity||Severe flat feet or intense physical activity|
What Are Insoles for Flat Feet and Overpronation
Orthotics for overpronation are highly recommended when you have flat feet to compensate for the lack of arch support that leads to overpronation.
If your feet overpronate every time you walk, it causes an imbalance in your entire musculoskeletal system. Ankles overbend, and knees incline along an improper axis, which causes friction and strain on them and the hip.
In sum, your entire motor system works under stress, which causes pain and discomfort and makes it difficult to walk or stand for long periods.
Doctors almost always recommend medical-grade insoles for people with flat feet because of their many benefits.
Correct Overpronation and Recover Arch Function
Insoles correct overpronation, which fixes your entire posture and prevents all the negative consequences of a bad gait and overpronation running.
On top of that, they give structural support to your arches to keep them elevated, allowing them to properly perform one of their most critical functions: serving as a spring that absorbs the impact of walking, running, or jumping.
If you're already experiencing pain or excessive tiredness because of flat feet, shoe inserts for flat feet will help relieve it.
As we’ve said, chronic pain is often caused by having a wrong posture and gait while walking. Insoles improve your body's position, eliminating friction, stress, and pain along your motor system.
Having flat feet shouldn't stop you from doing something you love.
State-of-the-art insoles support your arches, correct your posture, and help you absorb the strong forces acting upon your musculoskeletal system, improving your response, speed, and stamina when practicing sports or doing heavy physical work.
Expert tip: We strongly recommend you avoid over-the-counter foam insoles because they aren't designed to correct your posture or sustain your arches—which are at the root of pain and problems related to flat feet.
Features of All Tread Labs Insoles
Our insoles have essential features that remedy arch issues at their origin and provide an all-around comfort and support experience.
Super Slim and Light
Nobody likes trying to fit a bulky insole inside a flat shoe.
We design Tread Labs insoles to do their job without using up all the space for your feet. On top of it, all Tread Labs insole lines have a thin version special for flat shoes or sandals.
In addition, our materials make insoles light, which is particularly helpful for people with arch problems who already tire fast when walking.
Support Your Entire Foot
Tread Labs insoles are built to help all parts of your feet, not just the arch. Our unique design assists the natural transmission of energy from the outside of your heel to the inside of your metatarsus and toes every time you take a step.
And if you need additional support, you can add Metatarsal Support Pads to your Tread Labs insoles.
Help You Save Money
Tread Labs insoles provide great value at low cost. The molded arch support has a million-mile guarantee, which means you'll only need to change the top covers—the cheapest part of your insoles—from time to time.
What Others Say About Our Insoles for Flat Feet
“(...) I will not wear any of my shoes without one of these insoles. They really helped me recover from a two-year stubborn Plantar Fasciitis episode. My flat feet love the relief they give."
- Roxane (verified customer)
"I have very flat feet, and these give great support. They are very comfortable, and I love the idea of just changing out the cushioning. I have Tread Labs insoles in all my shoes."
- Donald Baker (verified customer)
"I have flat feet, overpronate terribly, and have spent A LOT of time and money trying out insoles - these are the best. (...They) provide a lot more pain relief and stability than the braces my podiatrist gave me."
- Jennifer Del Castillo (verified customer)
Overarching Effectiveness and Comfort
At Tread Labs, we’ve pursued our passion for developing products to make any shoe and any life better since 2015.
We carefully design and manufacture our insoles with the best materials to take care of your flat feet—no matter how severe—get rid of your pain, and improve any activity you do.
Choose your ideal insole among our Pace or Dash lines, and experience the best arch support for flat feet.
Questions? Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org. We're here to help.
Share on Facebook: