Are your feet sore by the end of the day? Do you wish you had more energy in the evening? When you are a delivery truck driver, you log some serious miles everyday. Your feet need strong support to feel good. We're sharing tips and recommendations for caring for your feet and the best boots for keeping them feel great all day long.
- Whether you're a UPS driver, truck driver, or making deliveries for some other business, you need to make sure you're giving your feet the best support available so you can log mile after mile every day.
- When choosing the best shoes or work boots for delivery drivers, consider fit, breathability, shock absorption, durability, and support.
- To keep your feet comfortable all day, make sure you have great socks, rotate your shoes and give your feet the proper support.
- When selecting insoles for your boots, you'll need to look for ones that offer the right fit, proper support and durability.
What You Need To Know ---
How To Choose The Best Shoes for Delivery Drivers
According to Jack Levis, director of process management at UPS, the average UPS driver makes about 120 deliveries per day. That's a massive number of steps each day and hours on your feet, the combination of which can create serious discomfort. Good shoes make a big difference. When choosing work boots for delivery drivers, keep these things in mind:
- Fit – Shoes/boots that are too big or too small make life difficult. There should be about ½ inch between the end of your longest toe and the front of your shoe. No more, no less.
- Breatheability – Sweaty feet are a recipe for disaster. Stinky, wet feet cause blisters, athlete’s foot, and marital instability. Save your rain boots for extreme weather. Avoid Gore-tex or other waterproof membranes. Buy shoes that let the moisture out. Remember to air your shoes out between use.
- Shock Absorption – Get the right balance of cushion and support from the outsoles on your shoes. Running shoes are often too soft for stability. Work boots with hard soles transmit too much shock to your legs. The ideal shoe has a firm crepe or rubber outsole that absorbs shock without feeling squishy.
- Durability – The best value isn’t always the cheapest option. Cheap shoes that wear out quickly will cost more than quality footwear. Pay attention to the lifespan of your shoes. Pay for quality when durability counts.
- Support – Insoles make a huge difference. A lightweight shoe can offer excellent support if the insole is right. The insoles that came in your boots don't do much for comfort. The thin gel insoles from the drugstore provide little relief and wear out quickly. It’s time to invest in some high-quality insoles. A mechanic buys a good wrench, a carpenter a good hammer. Your footwear is important for your comfort and job satisfaction.
Tips For Foot Comfort For Delivery Workers
Taking care of your feet is a high priority. Beyond what to look for in the best shoes for truckers and delivery drivers, here are a few tips to help keep your feet as comfortable as possible:
Great Socks – Throw your cotton socks out. Nylon too. Try the new soft wool brands out there, no matter the season. Wool manages moisture better than cotton, and it doesn’t stink. Get a thicker wool in the winter. In the summer, get a lighter version. We recommend Smartwool, Thorlo, or Darn Tough. When the temp soars, some prefer polyester for its wicking ability.
Rotate Your Shoes – Your footwear will last longer and your feet will be happier if you don’t wear the same pair of shoes every day. If you have an absolute favorite style, get two pairs. Alternating between the two will give you more days than one pair at a time.
Understand Support – All-day comfort comes from well-designed support. We did not evolve to walk on asphalt and concrete. The hard, flat surfaces of our world are recent in our evolution. Putting arch support in your footwear prevents sore feet at the end of the day. You need firm support, not cushioned drug store insoles. Find high quality insoles with support that will hold up no matter what you put them through.
The Best Work Boot Insoles
Even the best boots for truck drivers sometimes need extra support. Finding the best work boot insoles for your needs means having correct fit, proper support, and durability.
Tread Labs insoles are made to withstand the miles delivery drivers and truck drivers put on them. They have a number of unique features that add to their ability to offer firm support, durability and longevity.
- Stronger Support – The spring-like arch supports provide more support than other over-the-counter options. Deep heel cups help cushion your heels. Medical-grade materials deliver the support of custom orthotics at a fraction of the cost.
- More Sizes – Your shoes aren’t one size fits all and your insoles shouldn't be either. Tread Labs offers four arch heights so whether you have flat feet or sky-high arches, you'll get a flawless fit.
- Quality Materials – Polyurethane, high rebound open cell foam top covers for shock absorption. Antimicrobial treatments to keep feet fresh.
- Longevity – The molded arch supports in Tread Labs insoles are guaranteed. Forever. The top covers are easy to replace whenever you need. That means less landfill waste and more money in your wallet.
Questions? Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org. We're here to help.