Cycling Insoles Improve Comfort and Efficiency
Foot Comfort For Long-Distance Cycling
Cycling shoes rely on a snug fit and a stiff sole to transmit power from your foot to your bike. Cleated shoes minimize wasted energy between your shoe and the pedal.
Think for a moment about the connection between your feet and your shoes. Is it as efficient as it can be?
Do the Math
Cycling puts a tremendous amount of force on a small area of your foot (mainly the ball of the foot), especially on longer rides. Stiff soles help to spread this force, but without a supportive insole, much of the stress will still be on the ball of your foot.
Ever wonder how many times you actually spin your pedals on a longer ride?
Let's do the math: a 2-hour ride at a cadence (pedal revolutions/minute) of 85
2 (hours) x 60 (minutes) x 85 (cadence) = 10,200 pedal revolutions.
Yikes! No wonder your feet get sore.
Cycling Insoles are the Cure for Sore Feet
Long-distance rides demand more from your cycling footwear. Feet fall asleep. Hot spots develop under the ball of your foot. Your feet get sore or tingly. Cycling insoles can solve these problems:
- Strong arch supports distribute pedal pressure over a greater area of the foot, preventing hot spots.
- Less strap pressure is needed to keep your feet snug in your shoes because your instep does not lower with each pedal stroke.
- Minimizing slippage in your shoes reduces friction, keeping feet cooler and more comfortable.
- Maintaining proper foot alignment helps avoid the uncomfortable sensation when your foot falls asleep.
30-Day Fit Guarantee
With an array of sizes and arch heights, we can fit nearly everyone with a cycling insole that will increase comfort and boost performance. To make purchasing risk free, Tread Labs offers a 30-day fit guarantee.
Try our cycling insoles in your shoes for a month. Feel the difference they make in comfort and alignment. Discover what exceptional support does for your riding experience. If you are not completely satisfied, send them back for a full refund.
If you are uncertain of your arch height, order 2 pairs. Keep the pair that fits perfectly, send the other pair back for a full refund.
Cycling Shoe Considerations
- Cycling shoes tend to be shorter than other athletics shoes. If you are between sizes, size down for insoles in your cycling shoes.
- If your cycling shoes are snug and/or the factory insoles thin, consider Tread Labs Thin Insoles.
Give Your Feet the Comfort They Deserve
More comfort = better performance and more importantly, more fun. Get a pair of Tread Labs cycling insoles and discover what an improvement they can make.
Questions? Call us. (781) 435-0662. Or send an email.
We’re avid cyclists and enjoy helping others.