The Work of Life
Health care is demanding – physically, mentally, and emotionally. If you’re on your feet for most of the day, they can take a beating. Though your job is taking care of others, you also need to take care of yourself. Constant activity on hard surfaces often causes over pronation, sore feet and a number of misalignment issues. Preventing overpronation is the key to keeping your feet healthy and comfortable. Arch support inserts can provide comfort and prevent injury. You can be your best on the job – all day, every day. In this post, we'll cover some characteristics of the best shoes for nurses as well as the best insoles that can be a great alternative to purchasing a new pair of shoes.
The Best Shoes For Nurses
Running shoes and clogs are the most common shoes worn by health care workers. Everyone is looking for comfort. Here are a few tips for selecting the best footwear for a clinical environment:
- Fit - Shoes that are too big or too small make life difficult. There should be about ½ inch between the end of your toe and the front of your shoe. No more, no less.
- Light Weight – Backpackers know that a pound on the foot is equal to a 5 pounds in your pack. Look for footwear that doesn’t weigh you down.
- Shock Absorption – Buy shoes that have spring in their step. Running shoes are common, but sometimes they are too soft for stability. The ideal shoe has a firm crepe or rubber outsole that absorbs shock without feeling squishy.
Arch Support Inserts Make A Difference in Your Day
Tread Labs Insoles are Different
Here are a few reasons why Tread Labs inserts may be the best insoles for nurses:
- They offer firm support, like a custom orthotic. Pillow-like insoles of soft foam may feel good initially, but they will not deliver long-term comfort. Arch support inserts with biomechanical support will.
- They fit perfectly – Available in more arch heights than other insole brands, Tread Labs insoles fit precisely.
- They deliver value – Most insoles wear out after a year or less. Some manufacturers advise replacing every 90 days. The molded arch supports in Tread Labs insoles are guaranteed forever. Top covers can be easily replaced for $15/pr. They attach with Velcro, making replacement fast and easy.
- Tread Labs offers a 30-day fit guarantee - Try Tread Labs insoles at work. See how much better you feel at the end of a long day. Discover what exceptional support does for the health and comfort of your feet. If you're not completely satisfied, send them back for a full refund.
You have enough going on at work. Don’t let your feet be a distraction. Give them the support that they need. They will make your day (and your life) more comfortable. Learn more about foot biomechanics and order a pair today.